Just caught the movie Twilight, the hot movie right now and sad to say, it sucked. It pains to watch this teen (not chick) flick disguised as a vampire-love story.
Throughout the film, I wished I had a wooden stake so that I can stab it through my heart to ease the pain of watching it.
Potential spoilers here but here are some things I didn’t like about the movie.
- vampires bling in their true form? Like glow with fairy gold dust bling!?
- vampires with no fangs – teeth marks, not fang marks on Bella when she was bitten by James?
- vampires make up – spare the lip stick please!
- Robert Pattinson reminded me of Hayden Christensen in Star Wars – stiff acting and lasted the whole show with one look.
- too much eyes gazing – I was looking for contact lens lines after a while
- too much fast-forwarding in portraying how vampires “run”
But after reading through some goof pointers in the IMDb guide, some of those dislikes are due to the story’s portrayal of vampires which differ from traditional vampiric legends – like no fangs for these vampires.
Just realised this is the second second entry which I posted this video.
It is not surprised that someone captured that screen and mash it up with the song.
If you prefer classic vampire stories, go watch Interview with a Vampire or the new HBO series True Blood – these have more grit, violence and terror, usually associated with vampires. The vampires in Twilight are too – gentle.
Not worth watching on the weekends. Grab the DVD when it comes out.