A very serious look by The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart on the iPhone leak, the legal troubles that’s ongoing, the police raid…and his message to Steve Jobs.
Some of you might be wondering what’s the point of Foursquare besides telling your friends where you are, grabbing the Mayorship of a certain place or learning about new places. In the US where this social-networking game started, Mayors of certain locations are rewarded – like free beer or discounts in your purchase. Not for Singapore, until now.
Here are a list of locations that had started giving rewards for local Foursquare players:
- Brewerkz (at Stadium Walk, Bukit Timah and Merchant Road) – Check-in with tips & any purchase to get free fries/onion rings. Mayor – 1st pint of beer free (once a day) with any purchase. 50th visit $50 voucher
- The Garden Slug – Free soup-of-the-day (cup size) for the Mayor during each visit (limited to once per day, offer good until TGS’ discretion to end it).
- kichn – 10% off* for food & drinks if you found us from foursquare (*does not include retail items)
- Standing Sushi Bar at OUB Centre – 2 free pieces of salmon nigiri or tuna nigiri (mayor’s choice!) for the Mayor during each visit (limited to once per day, offer good until owner’s discretion to end it).
- Istanbul Gourmet – Free Drink every 2nd checkin! Just show that you’ve checked in on Foursquare!
If you are a business owner and wants to join in the fun do sign up here
Have customised a Yahoo Pipe to show the latest places with specials in Singapore:
Noon time ain’t the best time for photos as they cast harsh shadows – but that’s just what was presented to me while i waited for my bus back to office.
One of my fav places to go during lunch hours many moons ago – Amoy Market still ranks as one of the best place for food!
Decided to keep my silver Christmas tree sitting on my work desk as it is – just to keep it festive.
13 Jan is a month before Valentines’ Day and that also means a month before the next long break for a while – Chinese New Year.
Took a walk from office to Esplanade to meet wife for her birthday dinner and as it rained earlier in the day, it was a pleasant walk along the side of Nichol Highway where you will walk along this quiet stretch with green all around you. However, it is also a rather dark stretch and probably not a good place to be when its’ night fall.
After many weeks, our two kittys have more or less learned to live with each other. But occasionally they will go at it with each other like there’s no tomorrow. We think its just fun and games and mostly to burn off fats. Let’s just hope that’s just that!
Nope I didn’t forget just didn’t have time to post this yesterday. This was taken at the field opposite our house – the first time we’ve gone down there to fly kite – thanks to trevor and terrence, we managed to get one that tends to fly up, then tilt left and nose dived. but hey we had good fun and good food – thanks to wife who cooked up a wicked fried chicken – KFC you better watch out!
We’ll do this more – hopefully the grass will be trimmed and nice for us to have picnics! Oh and someone should set up a kite-selling store here! There’s demand for it!
Love the view outside our bedroom window every morning. Just hope it’ll stay that way with no other buildings in the next 30 years.